Dr. Soong firmly believes that patients always deserve the highest quality of care for their allergic and immunologic conditions, and that the treatments for their conditions are scientifically proven and evidence based. He believes patients should always be treated with kindness, compassion, and respect. He has an interest in a variety of allergic and immunologic conditions, including asthma, the allergic march, atopic dermatitis, food allergies, chronic urticaria, and primary immunodeficiency. Dr. Soong is very active in our community, and serves on the Board of Directors for the group FOR Nicaraguan Health, a Birmingham-based medical mission organization. The group helps indigent people in Nicaragua, and Dr. Soong has traveled with the group to Nicaragua many times. He is also a member of the Alabama Department of Public Health’s Alabama Asthma Coalition, Highlands United Methodist Church, and on the advisory board of The Assistance League of Birmingham. Dr. Soong and his wife, Lauri, have a daughter and son, Katie and Will. He also enjoys playing tennis, watching baseball, and doing home improvement projects.
- Medical School: University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL
- Residency in Internal Medicine: Yale University, New Haven, CT
- Fellowship in Adult and Pediatric Allergy and Immunology: Yale University, New Haven, CT
- Clinical Associate Professor at University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Department of Pediatrics, Division of Allergy and Immunology
- Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care
Meet Dr. Soong