Being a naturally curious person, the field of allergy and immunology has been the perfect choice as a profession for Dr. Maxcie Sikora. Our understanding of the immune system’s role in the overall health of our bodies grows every day. To be a part of this process is very exciting for her. It is also very rewarding to pass this new knowledge on to her patients to help improve their quality of life. As a lifelong allergy sufferer, Dr. Sikora recognizes the importance of appropriate medications and procedures in treatment. Food allergy is one of her special interests, as it affects every aspect of a patient’s life as well as their family’s life. Assisting families with diagnosis, avoidance measures, lifestyle changes, and treatment of allergies is very rewarding. With appropriate management, her patients are able to lead healthy and productive lives. As an allergist, Dr. Sikora strives to always provide up-to-date patient care through kindness, humility and respect. Dr. Sikora is Board Certified in Pediatrics and Allergy and Immunology. She received her Doctorate from the University of South Alabama College of Medicine in Mobile, AL. She completed her Residency in Pediatrics at the University of South Florida College of Medicine in Tampa, FL. Dr. Sikora completed her Fellowship in Allergy and Clinical Immunology at Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans, LA, where she was also a former Assistant Professor. Dr. Sikora is a member of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology and the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, and she serves as the current President of the Alabama Society of Allergy and Immunology.
- Medical School: University of South Alabama College of Medicine, Mobile, AL
- Residency in Pediatrics: University of South Florida College of Medicine and All Children’s Hospital, Tampa, FL
- Fellowship in Adult and Pediatric Allergy and Immunology: Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA
- Clinical Instructor Professor at University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Department of Pediatrics, Division of Allergy and Immunology
- Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care
Meet Dr. Sikora