Dr. Anderson trained in Birmingham at the University of Alabama at Birmingham and Children’s Hospital, and received his undergraduate degree from Brigham Young University and his medical degree from Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. He became the recipient of several awards for outstanding performance in both medical school and throughout his training. Dr. Anderson is a member of The American College and Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology and the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology. He is currently on faculty at The University of Alabama at Birmingham as a Clinical Assistant Professor, and at the Veteran’s Administration in Birmingham. Through UAB’s Allergy Fellowship Program he plays an active role training and teaching fellows, residents and medical students in allergy related diseases. Dr. Anderson has published articles and numerous abstracts in JACI (The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology) and the Annals of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology. He also serves as the Research Director for the Clinical Research Center of Alabama, located at Alabama Allergy & Asthma Center. Dr. Anderson treats conditions relating to both pediatric and adult allergy, asthma, and immunology. He has a special interest in disease states including severe asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), hereditary angioedema (HAE), urticaria, and drug allergies. He takes personal pride in his commitment to spending the needed time with patients to answer questions and make sure they leave feeling better and well informed. Outside clinic, Dr. Anderson enjoys painting, dancing, genealogy, horseback riding, and keeping up his Spanish. He resides with his wife and five children in Gardendale, Alabama.
- Medical School: Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH
- Residency in Internal Medicine: University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL
- Fellowship in Adult and Pediatric Allergy and Immunology: University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Staff Allergist, Veteran’s Administration